If you look after your vehicle, your vehicle will look after you. It’s true. There are many benefits to be enjoyed from the proper and effective maintenance of your car. Here are some:
- You’ll save fuel – and in turn money – by having an efficient fuel system
- You’ll reduce your long term maintenance costs
- You’ll protect the environment by reducing harmful exhaust emissions
- You’ll reduce the risk of a breakdown with a more reliable vehicle
- You’ll gain a better resale value
Unless you have a lot of experience, it’s best to leave the servicing of your car to the automotive professionals. More modern vehicles have on-board computers that require diagnostics from specialist equipment. Fine tuning and correcting problems on any vehicle will lead to safer driving, greater fuel efficiency, and better resale.
However, as a vehicle owner, there are preventative measures you can take. For example, checking the oil, maintaining tyre pressure, replacing worn windscreen wipers, cleaning your car (yes, it helps) etc. You can also keep an eye out for signs that you may need to see a professional. This blog will help you with basic maintenance whilst other tips will help you identify potential problems before they occur.
Your preventative maintenance combined with knowledge on when to seek professional advice will help you Drive Safe. And that’s what we at Monroe Australia really want.